Independent Living Disability Support
Lifeplan believes in supporting disabled people so they can live independently. We know how important this is and what needs to be done so you can have your own independence. As an approved NDIS provider, will work with you to ensure you receive the best supports, so you can live independently. Our Lifeplan Team can help with a range of tailored independent living programs, including (but not limited to):
- Personal care
- Budgeting, paying bills and keeping on top of your bills
- Keeping your house tidy
- Staying overnight when you need someone to do so
- Tenancy advice - ensuring you are aware of your rights and obligations so your tenancy is not put in jeopardy.
- Supporting you so you remain connected to your family, friends and the community.
There are lots of ways we can support you to have your own place, and we will tailor our independent living services to support you. Contact us today to discuss how we can help support your independent living!
Supported Independent Living or Shared Living
Shared living has so many different options and variations that if we listed them all we wouldn’t have enough space on this website. But to put it simply, shared living is when you live with someone or someone lives with you. Shared living is not a traditional group home.
Shared living is based on the idea that someone may need extra or different supports so they can live independently away from what they have usually called home.
It may include:
- Having a house mate that helps you out once in a while.
- It could mean having a range of visiting support people along with a housemate.
- Just visiting support.
- You live in someone else’s house fulltime, or part-time, and they provide you the support you need.
These are a few ways it works, so regardless of how you set it up, the end result is should always be – providing safe and life-enriching environment for people to be as independent as possible.
The possibilities are endless and are really only limited by your imagination.